Sunday, March 22, 2015

Proj 2 progress

For my project I wanted to turn a picture of my friend wake boarding into a vector type portrait.  I spent a lot of time on just his portrait and to me that was the easiest part because everything was kind of laid out for me for his face and body.  All I had to do was trace over it with the pen tool.  The hardest part for me was trying to figure out how to make the water look simple yet detailed.   The vector artist that I chose (Mel Marcelo) was able to create a style that smoothed out all the details of a person and made them look like they were coming out of a comic book.  It took me a long time and I redid the background like 6 different ways to try and find the right style for the water.  I looked into the different brush strokes and found one that says splash which worked perfectly for the splashes in the water.  I still have to work on the sky and the different gradients in it to make the sunrise more realistic.  It's funny the part that seems to look so simple is actually the most difficult part because it takes so much trial and error to make it fit the right style of the portrait I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment